יום שישי, 1 בינואר 2016

A special guy


A special guy

I would like to tell you about a special man that I had the honor to volunteer with, a man to contrast all stereotypes and against all conventions. A man who makes me believe there is true hope for us Jews and Arabs living together. This man, Ali, is an Ambulance medic in the Israeli company Red David Shield in Israel. He is Arab, Muslim, Bedouin and Israeli. He always wore the IsraAid shirt so proud and every time he spoke to new refugees comers in his wonderful Arabic when asked he said: I am Arab, I am an Israeli Arab. He has saved babies lives, saved women’s lives. I was with him everyday all day and filmed him and took pictures of him and listened to his stories. 



I had breakfast, lunch and dinner with him and I still can’t still can't believe my good fortune to be around this special leader. He is the first to come to the séance, the first to carry the children to safe place. The first to rush the wounded to the infirmary. Today, something extraordinary happened in the camp. After brining three children to the infirmary a Norwegian medic came to me and told me: “I want to volunteer for IsraAid. I want to be one of yours. Can you please find me a shirt with the flag of Israel? Can you give me your organization's number? You Israelis are the best team here.” As I write these lines I cannot fully acknowledge the change we made here, the impact of what this work means to people. It makes me so proud of my country Israel and so proud to be Jewish and honored to be able to co-volunteer like the legendary Ali.  




 
 If it wasn’t for IsraAID I could have never have made so much peace and seen the possibilities for coexistence and friendship across boundaries in the Middle East. Thank you IsraAID for giving me this amazing opportunity to help others in need. To cross cultures and to bridge differences and get to know so many wonderful people will surely make this world a better place. 








Love Mirit Hadar

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה